Beauty and Power in One
The PS4 sets a new standard in visual aesthetics. The sleek design of the slim console is a perfect combination of quality and technological performance. The device is based on a powerful chip equipped with eight x86-64 cores that is capable of producing 1.84 TFLOPS, which provides a rich representation of colours and detail in games. With 8 GB of GDDR5 memory and hard disk of 500 GB both 2-D and 3-D gaming is a breeze on the PS4.
The Dualshock Wireless Controller 4 is equipped with a highly sensitive six-axis sensor touch pad and a Share button that allows you to record and share your game play. A new LED light, pulsates and changes colour if you the player receives damage during gameplay. The vibration function provides additional gaming experience whether it's a driving game or dodging explosions and bullets in the latest first person shooter. A built-in speaker and headphone jack guarantees excellent sound effects.
Entertainment at the Highest Level
PS4 system plays both Blu-ray and DVD's, so you can enjoy your home movie collection and give it the attention it needs. You can also stream popular programs and TV shows, and the best content from the Internet in perfect high definition quality.
The PS4 console is already attracting massive attention not only from players, but also the game manufacturers, resulting in over 200+ games in development. Among them are some of the best game series, including Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous Second Son and Call of Duty: Ghosts. You can also look forward to thrilling gameplay from such titles as The Order 1886 and Destiny. All of these games will open a whole new era in the field of gaming, and new games will continue appear as the PS4 ages.
- Date of release: November 15, 2013 in the United States, November 29, 2013 in Europe and February 22, 2014 in Japan.
- Colour: Jet Black and White consoles available.
- Product Code: CuH-1000A series
- Dimensions: 275 × 53 × 305 mm (width x height x length)
- Weight: 2.8 Kg
- Box Contents: PS4 console, Dualshock 4 mono headset, power cable, USB cable, HDMI cable
- Housing: PS4 console is made of matte and glossy plastic. Housing is a stylish, slightly curved which has universal character. The console is smaller than the PS3 Slim, has no external power brick.
- CPU: Specifically designed chip that has 8 cores running at 1.6 GHz, its architecture is an AMD's x86-64 "Jaguar" (which is part of the console APU), L2 Cache 2x2MB.
- GPU (graphics processing unit): AMD Radeon graphics card capable of producing 1.84 TFLOPS.
- RAM (system memory shared with the GPU): 8GB 5500MHz GDDR5 high-speed memory.
- Hard disk drive (HDD): 500GB, can be replaced with a larger model.
- Optical Drive: Blu-ray 6x and 8x DVD (At the moment it is not clear whether the blu-ray player will play movies in 4K)
- I/O ports (input and output ports): USB 3.0, AUX, HDMI, optical S/PDIF audio
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b / g / n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 2.1
- Backward compatibility: No, you cannot play physical copies of your PS3 games on the PS4, though you will be able to download selected PS3 titles via the Sony PlayStation network in the future, which will be compatible with the PS4.