WebPlus X8 is a drag-and-drop website design program that allows you to create and publish a website either from a selection of predesigned templates, or from a blank page that you can fully design and customise yourself.
WebPlus X8 comes with a host of web design features including the ability to add HTML code anywhere you like on your website. The HTML Fragment option can be used insert code from Amazon and other ad networks.
In this guide we will provide you with instructions on how to add Amazon ads to your website, though the guide applies to any ad program that uses HTML code.
1. The 1st step is to sign into your Amazon affiliate program and select an ad that you want to place on your website. For example, we will be choosing Links and Banners > Banner Links and then Consumer Electronics from the category section. The ad size we will be using for this demonstration will be 728×90 horizontal. Click on the "Highlight HTML" box, then right click on your mouse or touchpad and select copy. If you don't do this now, don't worry, as you can always do it later.
2. 2nd step is to open up WebPlus X8, if you haven't already. We will presume that you are familiar with WebPlus and have created or are in the process of creating your website.
3. The 3rd step is to decide where you intend to place the ad whether it be on a single page or whether you want it sitewide, i.e., on all pages. If you only want to place the ad on a single page or on multiple pages of your choice then you need to select the page, for example, the home page or about page, et cetera from the menu on the right hand side. If you want to add the ad on every single page of your website then select the Master Pages and then Master A for example. A little eye icon will always be displayed on the page that is open.
4. The 4th step is to add the Amazon HTML code to the desired location on your website. You do this by selecting the "Insert HTML Fragment" box on the left-hand side toolbar of the programme.
Once you select the Insert HTML Fragment box you want to place the box in the desired location of your website. For example, at the top, but just below your website title. Ideally, you want the box to be the same size as your ad, you can do this by using the ruler at the top and right side of WebPlus X8 as this helps the ad to be central. Don't worry if you don't do this now as you can adjust it afterwards.
After you have placed the Insert HTML Fragment box in your desired location, a new window will open, if it doesn't, double-click on the box until it does. You are then given the opportunity to add your Amazon or other ad code to the box. For this we want to paste the code to the "Body" not the head. Simply click on the "Paste to Body" box in the top right-hand corner. If this option is not available, you need to go back to your Amazon affiliate program page highlight and right click and copy the code. Click on okay, once the code has been added.
5. In the 5th step we want to check and preview our ad code. Please note once you've added the code to the HTML Fragment box, the ad itself will not actually show up within WebPlus X8, but instead just display a small snippet of your Amazon code.
To see if our ad is working correctly, we need to click on the preview website button on the top toolbar. Or you can select File in the top left-hand corner and then select Preview Site. Once you click on the preview website button, your website will open up in a web browser installed on your PC, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. From the opened browser, you should be able to see your ad and check if it is displaying properly. Please note if you have ad blocking software installed on your browser, such as AdBlock Plus you will have to temporary disable it to be able to see your ad.
If the ad is not displaying centrally, even though the box is, try resizing the HTML Fragment box by simply dragging on the corners and then preview your site again.
6. Once you're happy with your ad placement, the final step is to publish your website. The publish button can be found on the top toolbar or through the File button in the top left-hand corner.