Dust, drinks and food are the keyboard's biggest enemy. Normally a vacuum cleaner is great at removing dust and small particles that have accumulated in between the keys, but some particles can become jammed. If jammed particles are visible gently use a damp cloth or specific cleaning wipes in between the keys to help remove or loosen the dirt. Should you be unfortunate enough to spill fizzy drinks or tea onto your keyboard, unplug it from the computer immediately and mop up the spill with some kitchen towel. You can use a hairdryer to help evaporate any liquid that has collected in between the keys, but be sure not to get too close with the hairdryer itself, as they can become very hot and may cause damage. The keyboard must be completely dry before you plug it back into your computer and it's best to let it dry naturally for a day or two before you do try that. If the keyboard doesn't function properly or work at all after you have spilled something on it, then it is most likely damaged beyond repair and will need replacing.